Electronics Cavity Help Needed

PunkRockerLuke

2 VOL AND 2 TONE is the standard for LP's and SG's

1 vol and 1 tone can be used too where pups share each.

I understand that you are very young and fairly new to this game but you can't keep asking questions like this. You are really filling up space on this board that doesn't need to be filled. The answers to the questions you are asking can be found very easily with a little bit of digging, reading and reasoning for yourself. If you aren't capable of finding the answers or even interpreting the results of your search for knowledge then I suggest you take that piece of wood you have there and make it into a cutting board for your momma. No offense, but building a guitar really does require some pre-requisite skills and knowledge.

Edited by Southpa

You can also use seven pots if you're so inclined:

1. Neck volume

2. Neck tone

3. Neck split blend

4. Bridge volume

5. Bridge tone

6. Bridge split blend

7. Neck and bridge blend

i like that idea i thought about adding a mixer control to my next guitar (like a fader) to blend between each pickup

craft, why not throw a bass cut into the mix for a grand total of 9 pots. oh, and an emg afterburner for each pickup, and how about a piezo bridge with a preamp that control volume, tone, and magnetic/piezo mix. That'll give you what, 13 knobs? lol. I'll stick with one volume and one tone.

craft, why not throw a bass cut into the mix for a grand total of 9 pots. oh, and an emg afterburner for each pickup, and how about a piezo bridge with a preamp that control volume, tone, and magnetic/piezo mix. That'll give you what, 13 knobs? lol. I'll stick with one volume and one tone.

Dude, I didn't want to go overboard or anything...

hello? anybody have an answer to my question?

You want me to break apart my two Les Paul's and measure for you? lol

Hey man, if you really want an accurate Les Paul control cavity template, then I highly recommend you buying these Les Paul ones from Guitarbuildingtemplates.com. Are you building a Les Paul? You do know that you can come up with your own control cavity layout right? Here's an example of the JV-1 guitar I built.

jv1controlcav.jpg

Just figure out the spacing you want the pots, switches to be, then make sure you have enough space for all the wiring that will be used, and draw it out. Then draw out an inside template so that your leaving a lip for the control cavity cover to screw down to. Then make the last template for the actual control cover. It's not real hard since I know you have access to a scroll saw right?

It's whatever(insert objectionable language) diameter you want it to be. Make it what diameter suits you, then make a cover to fit. Seriously, if you want accurate dimensions, get accurate plans. No one is going to sit around with a ruler to give you whatever measurement you want. Go buy a set of LP plans from stewmac.com or get templates from guitarbuildingtemplates.com.

And before you say anything else, if you don't have the cash to buy plans, you also don't have the cash to buy a decent set of strings, so why would you even be building a guitar in the first place?

If you want someone to teach you, your best bet is to actually attempt to first teach yourself, then ask questions when you're seriously stumped and not just being lazy. I have absolutely no problem with answering questions that show that someone has actually come to a wall in their research and can not progress on their own. Answering questions for someone who would simply rather dump the legwork on someone else is an entirely different matter.