Bullet Truss Rod Nut

The bullet truss rods were on Strats from '71 to '81. I think your Malmsteen has the later dual action truss rod. I don't think you could retrofit it without major surgery. You could try to make a cosmetic bullet, but, since that signature neck never came that way and you'd ruin it's value. If you really want a bullet truss rod neck, try picking one up on eBay.

The bullet truss rods were on Strats from '71 to '81. I think your Malmsteen has the later dual action truss rod. I don't think you could retrofit it without major surgery. You could try to make a cosmetic bullet, but, since that signature neck never came that way and you'd ruin it's value. If you really want a bullet truss rod neck, try picking one up on eBay.

ah ok.

well see i already have a bullet truss neck, but I was planning on buying a yngwie neck to replace it, since I want a scalloped neck . but then i would lose my lovely bullet look..

and the ones you buy are just cosmetic, I think