Fav guitar? make

cartersymes

Whats your favourite guitar make? (electric)  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Lets argue shall we? Good god. Give me a break. I personally think that was ridculous. And yes, Jems and strats are the same.

Except fot the Floyd style bridge, HSH, basswood, 24 frets, dimarzios, finish, locking nut, Claw route, and monkey grip glorified RG (am I missing anything?).

Strats are made of ash, alder, or poplar, depending on year and finish, vintage style bridge. Maple or rosewood board, SSS, 21 or 22 frets, thicker horns, better materials, non contoured heel, ect.

So if you ignore all the major features, yes, they are the same. So is a Les Paul. There, I put my 2 cents in. FWIW, I really dont care.

snork....................................................................................................well your are right if its made out of wood then its the same no matter who makes what !

heck my desk is wood ! so therefore it is vurtually a strat! and my cedar chest is wood so h!#$ its the same as a martin!

as for ibanez's all though the bodies are made of a common wood i still think they are a decent sounding working man's guitar simliar to the tokai. After all, we all cant have customs. And as for PRS's yes, they may not be the most humble looking guitars or have the best sound, but you have to appreciate the design and the idea behind the guitar. PRS invented a lot of things that we take for granted. I.E really brought out natural binding and quilted maple tops. Just wasnt done as much, also top carving a rarity until prs's

not only did they do that, but they also flung in the 24 fret deal into the melting pot of the "high-end guitars". plus for the first time there was some attention drawn to the tops of guitars. instead of just buying the guitar purely for name people were starting to look at the tops too. prs really was a huge turning point in the guitars history. but i really am not fond of the way it is portrayed as an upper class guitar only for rich musicians. and i think the tremonti SE is a joke. it was rediculous for PRS to even bother. just keep doing what you are good at, and dont be going into working mans territory when you are so hated there.

I like the Japanese made Ibanez guitars of the '70s and '80s for their design, quality and value.

What most people consider to be an Ibanez is really a totally different animal, designed by Ibanez, but manufactured in Korea by Samick or Cort. All of the Korean Ibanez' I've owned, I've ended up selling. They're fine guitars, but lacked a certain vibe and feel that the Hoshino ones have.

I think that one of their strongest recent successes has been their aggressive endorsement campaign - anyone around here like Satriani or Vai models? :D