Need Help On Prs Santana Se Replica :)

Hi guys, my name is Johnny, and I'm new here. I'm come from the cold harsh lands of Norway :D

My idea is to make a "replica" of the PRS Santana SE, with a personal touch. Since this is my first time making a new guitar, I have a lot of questions that need answears. Excuse my english by the way.

I was wonderin' if it was possible to apply onle ONE humbucker, the bridge one. Was thinkin about a Seymore Duncan: Duncan Invader. Is this possible, or am I just being silly?

I was also wondering what you guys think about fitting a pre-made neck with frets and all, to a custom made body (in the shape of a Santana SE). Actually, it's a Fender style neck, will this be a problem?

Found the neck on www.rockinger.com - press the english flag and then hit the menu Bodies, Necks if you don't understand the German.

Hey Johnny! Welcome to the forum!

I would say a bolt on neck single bridge humbucker satanana replica could be quite possible.it all depends on if you can find someone to custome make the body for you.

If I was you (which I'm not) seeing as this is your first project I would build a flat top guitar with a bolt on neck. The bridge only bucker is indeed possible if you want to make the body yourself or have someone custom make it for you.

Again if I were you, and you were going to only have the bridge bucker, I would have it coild split, just for a tiny bit more versatility.

Edited by Firefox2551

A split coil whold give u a wider variety of sonds wile still giveing u that single brige humbucker metal look :D

but id dont think u whold use the split coil playing in a metal band and all. what kind of metal do u play? im asuming black metal? u beeing from norway and all :D

I suggested having someone custom make it because its a carved top, those can be a bit tricky to build, what with all the carveing, unless you are confident in that ability I'd either have it custom made or build a flat top.

All a coil split does is allow you to turn one coil in the humbucker off, that effectively makes it a single coil pickups, but you can also switch it back and and it becomes your regular humbucker. Sometimes a single coil sounds much cleaner to me on an amps clean channel.

Other than that your humbucker will sound EXACTLY like it did before the coil split, coil split is like a switch, you can turn it on, you can turn it off, for different sounds.

I play in a christian band with extreme music :D And Firefox man, I will build a flat top. Since that's what the Santana SE has. So I won't have a bridge, just the saddle. But thanks for the info anyway. Appreciate it :D

Another question. How do I make sure that the strings attached to headstock area will fit nicely to the sadel, and not being way off the humbucker and all?

With a single humbucker, you can also add the option of making the coils in parrallel, as well as an ability to choose which coil you want(with some pickups, this makes no difference).

I figure that its just as easy to add two humbuckers is just as easy, but to each his own.

Oh. bridge, sadel, what's the difference B) Please excuse my bad english. I ment the I will have a flat top, no curves, and no fancy angles. So the strings will only be attached two places. And I'm not sure, cause I thought that the bridge was the thing that put the strings in the right position before hookin' it in the sadel. :D

But anyway.. :D