Best Shape/design

STATIC

If you're just talking about the shape, I've got several in mind. Ibanez Satriani model (especially Candy Red finish but again.. *ahem the shape's what we're talking about) I love the aerofoil design and the smoothness.

Also a huge fan of Kelly shapes, but overall, it's not just the shape, but also its features that really look nice too such as.. a round beveled strat for me beats a flying V for me, while a flying V beats a binded strat.

So it largely depends on the features too.. arm rest, bevels, controus, bindings, cutaways, etc.

For me LGM Guitars, Ormsby and Neal Moser (MCS Guitars) rank up high with me

But I also like Monson Guitars {They did some deadly Work for GOATWHORE} , GRAY Guitars, HALO GUITARS

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I kinda count SG's as Pionty

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Explorers and V's are 2 of my favourites, but theres far too many body styles that I like to list here, some are unique custom builds without names too. I dunno if I have an overall favourite.

Hmm...lemme see...

I like the Gretsch Duo Jet over the Gibson Les Paul...

I like pretty much anything Rickenbacker...

Most of Danelectro's stuff too --but the longhorn/guitarlin is one of my all-time favorites (which is why I'm building one!). And I really like the Convertible.

I've always been a sucker for the Vox Teardrop and Phantom shapes. And that Rokes Rocket is pretty cool.

And one of these days I'm going to get myself one of those big fat archtop Gibsons or Gretsches...

More recently:

I really like that Klein shape --(but I think I prefer the original Ovation version)

Scott French's SF3 caught my eye, in a big way.

And pretty much everything Myka makes :-)

But most importantly, body shape is only the beginning of the equation --it's the details that make or break a guitar design for me.

Paul Reed Smith custom, good looking original design

Jem/RG, JS, Les Paul, Tele, Strat, Prs Double cutaway, Anything Myka, Leviiathan. And theres way to many more to list them.

I like ALOT of differant guitar shapes for differant reasons, some i just find cool others have more meaning, LP's and Strats because thats what i learnt to play on (an actual fender too), somedays i'll look at a guitar and find it boring and others i'll wake up just having to go and play that same guitar.

So even with in the same person you can get 12 differant ideas on whats the 'best' shape/design

BUT, we can define best to a certain extent, with catagorys ie. best ergonomics ect. Even then its all personal opinion, but youl find you will get a more uniform answer.

Explorer, LP double cut... That's about it lol...

Explorer because it has really great balance and it's SO comfortable to play... I usually sing too, so it kinda helps (ever realised most guitarists that play(ed) explorers are singers too? (I'm thinking Clapton and Hetfield right now))

Double cut, well... because it's just so sexy :D

Like Setch's GOTM entry... Just beautiful!

Edited by Pr3Va1L

Quality is almost as important as shape...you could take any guitar shape and if you did it well (ie good worksmanship and good choice of colours ect.) it'd look REALLY nice. I mean I'm not a strat man really...but some of the strats I've seen on hear are lovely! :D conversly you can take any guitar design and do it badly enough and it'll look like a hunk of cr@p!

Robert

Edited by Robert_the_damned

It depends on what mood I'm in

I like just about all guitars and there aren't many I'd say "Ugh" too.

Favorites are in the "Double Horned" Variety, such as the Ibanez S series, Ibanez JS and Jem (Although the moms thinks playing a Jem in church might look a little funny) The One I'm planning to build will be a slightly modified Ibanez S shape.

I Like Les Paul's and Sg's, Explorers,

Heck, who am I kidding, I LOVE ALL GUITARS!!!!!!!!

The Dean Hardtail

Ormsby 'vine' and metal vortex axes

Gibson explorers and anything that half resembles a flying V

Maton mastersound 2000dlx (I'm biased cos I got one and you gotta buy local !!) :D

One of my all time favorite guitar shapes is th BC Rich Mockingbird man i love that shape. I made my son one to learn on. I am making a bass for myself just to play around on since I am not really a bass player although I had to play bass in an old band that I was in but that is a different story....... :D