• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ll allways :D when i see:

EXPLORER

V

or better yet

Dimebags old rounded dimebolt, altho i dont like this new dime rzr thingie.

Ill never forget that add gibson had for explorer.

It was a picture of little kid getting his first guitar for xmass or birthday im not sure, and to top it off it is an explorer.

for standing up?hands down a well designed vee...

it's light,well balanced,upper fret access is amazing,and it looks cool as hell...plus your pick hand is at a great angle for picking.

for sitting down?who the hell cares!!!hehe...just kidding

but i never play sitting down.if your too lazy to stand up,then ithinkyou are too lazy to play properly aggresive metal...

As far as ergonomics go for fitting the human body..standing OR sitting, I figure the strat shape pretty much nailed it. My first guitar was my own design. Some might find it a tad difficult to play because I wanted total fret access. The entire nut to bridge section has been moved up about 3 inches. When you play a normal guitar you would expect to see the 12th fret at a certain place in relation to the body. Picture the 12th fret being 3" farther away from the body and you will see what I mean. :D It has really messed with a few people's minds.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/26/mahogany002kg6.jpg

the only thing about a strat is that a vee is better to clear a big belly.or an explorer

the belly cut only partially works on a strat.i used to have a little extra around the middle and some shapes are worse than others for that...not that you would know that southpa...if i remember right you are always as skinny as i am now

• 3 weeks later...

Mattia's headless really captured my imagination and won't let go.

Myka's Dragonfly (as mentioned earlier).

And I really love the body on my Cort Pagelli signature model as well! Very interesting while still being practical.

• 2 weeks later...