Another Alder Guitar

holy mother of mary how big is that chain round your neck!

i just cant decide wether i think this guitar is the ultimate in spikey or wether i think its just too radical?

i'll be honest, at first i didnt like it, but seeing with the neck on and picturing it black, its growing on me! :D

if this guitar doesnt have someones eye out then the world just isnt right!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I had my reservations about this body shape- but now I'm really liking it!

Keep up the good work!

BTW; to me this body shape looks like it would work really well as a bass

I think you shape the end of the fretboard - curve it to match the upper horns, as like a continuation of their curves?

It has that extra bit of wood on there so that I can cut out a spike like the one on my Impaler

New-13.jpg

i'll be honest, at first i didnt like it, but seeing with the neck on and picturing it black, its growing on me!

HAHA well man I felt the same way in fact it never really worked for me untill I got the neck on than BAM now It looks like some kind of a huge Weapon or flying evil thing, I love it

BTW; to me this body shape looks like it would work really well as a bass

Ive also been thinking that :D

!!METAL MATT!! :D

HEADSTOCK.jpg

Ok Ive got the headstock roughed out and when I say roughed I mean ROUGHED there is alot of work to be done to this one I'll be takeing alot more meat of the sides and shapeing it and I'll also be beveling it

but sofar so good :D

if a company we're to pickup your design id say ESP. But im really likin the design, great work.

Someone has already picked up this design :D

that thing.. is gonna rip someone's head off... at least bleed couple of ears... it needs a warning tag...

scary, but awesome.. man, your bevels are gorgeous.

MUHAHAHAHA Im sure it will surve it masters well

Thanks guys

I don't know if this has been asked before, but how do you cut your bevels? Your work gets better everytime you post a new guitar, I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Taken from this thread. Matt's Damien. Scroll down a bit. His response was.

I use A chamfer bit and A router, but I would like to start geting in to more hand tools

something like this http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Routing_...vel_Cutter.html

but bigger

Matt, just out of curiosity, how long have you been building guitars?

I think you'd have to be extra talented to build METAL guitars, all those flawless designs..

I tried drawing some metal-ish stuff too, and I'm a pretty good conceptual artist myself.. but it never works

Morework.jpg

Ok Iv got a few more things done to the guitar

No offense, Matt, but Megan is a much better guitar model.

I think your Right :D

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

She is A big axe but thats the whole Point!! :D

She is A big axe but thats the whole Point!! :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

heh, heh, POINT :D

im retarded :D

but speaking of points, how do you go about routing the bevels once you get to the points, do you just have wood the same thickness as the guitar to sit the router on? or is there some other method you use?

Edited by Ledzendrix1128

My guess would be a router table :D .

I'll second that guess. It's the easiest way to get the beveling done on musical instruments. You don't have the variable of the router accidently slipping and going in or missing a spot when the router base / table is stationary.