Another Alder Guitar

Emperor do it so much better Matt! It's become too formulaic, this whole BM stuff. We went to see Cryptopsy a few weeks back, and we were up front (Mull was partaking in worm snacks!) whilst the "hardcore" corpsepaint BM fans lounged around in a corner looking broody/shy/self-conscious or whatever.

</waves Emperor tickets>

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Setch

I just found the video.. all is now clear :D

BTW, while on youtube I noiced that that video someone posted here of a cardboard upright bass has been featured on the homepage!

Sorry was in a rush again!! Im on so many forums that I tend to carpet bomb threads on all of them with out a ton of thought :D just the old copy and paste

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I failed to really get into that band......mostly because they were terrible.

What i've never understood about the whole black metal scene is.....how really scary and frightening can you really be....playing a guitar. "Look at me!!! I have bad makeup on and I have a guitar!! I'm evil! GRRRRR!!!!!"

I dunno. I just don't dig it. I think Cradle of Filth is about as "black metal" as i'll ever get.

Got a bit more work done!! Ive started to shape the Heal and the heastock aswell as the fretboard

New-11.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...itar/New-12.jpg

SORRY ABOUT THE CRAPY PICS :D

Matt, I think it'd look pretty awesome if you continued the frets until the very end of the fretboard. Granted, your last 3 or 4 frets would be more or less useless, I think it'd be a nice touch. As it stands, it just seems a bit barren to me. My $.02(which I should add is worth more than your canadian $.02 if you take conversions into account, :D)

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman

Ya Ive been thinking about how blah it is there and ive been tossing some ideas around but the first thing I think of is bevels just like my impaler BUT the fretboard is black and the body will be also so it does need a bit of flash

Much thinking to be done :D

I think some people do it to express their disdain for christianity, and honestly, it's no different to a christian having an ichthus on their rear bumper, or a cross inlaid on their guitar headstock.

If it's purely an affectation then yes, it's pretty lame. However, if it's an expression of a sincerely held belief, I don't see the issue.

Pop Satanists crack me up every time.

"So you believe in Satan?"

"Grooorrrr...yus!"

"Ergo there must be a god then?"

"Urrrrrrrrrrrr"

In which case you take the pizzas, give them the money and they scamper off on their mopeds to the next drop. I mean pur-lease!

Satan does NOT exist is any way shape or form. Kerry King put pay to that and scared him off mid-eighties.

Then airbrush an anti-christian symbol on the front and you got yourself a very fitting guitar for that particular band.

Seriously, anti-christian symbols? Do people still do that to seem "alternative"?

That was so ten years ago it's not even funny.

Not alternative. Metal. :D

Matt, I think it'd look pretty awesome if you continued the frets until the very end of the fretboard. Granted, your last 3 or 4 frets would be more or less useless, I think it'd be a nice touch. As it stands, it just seems a bit barren to me. My $.02(which I should add is worth more than your canadian $.02 if you take conversions into account, :D)

peace,

russ

I'll second this. That would be an awesome idea. I also like the black body with silver bevel idea. Or gold bevel if the hardware is gold. I've seen this done a few times before, looks very sweet. I also plan on doing this to my B.C. Rich Beast when I get towards that project. That picture should kind of give you an idea of the bevel contrast.