Another Alder Guitar

Nope not a router Table

but speaking of points, how do you go about routing the bevels once you get to the points, do you just have wood the same thickness as the guitar to sit the router on

for something like this guitar I do this because with A table I cant really see whats going one And I was geting alot of tear out on the Table in my shop

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any ideas for a paintjob yet?

Flat black!!

The tearout's probably just an issue of router speed and which direction you're routing if you're seeing a noticeable difference between handheld routing and table routing.

Ya I know but the router on the table was also very old and only a single speed so I have mor luck with my way but soon enough I'll be doing all my bevels by hand at least thats trhe goal :D

• 2 weeks later...

JACK-1.jpg

Ive got the jack started!! now I have alot of sanding and shaping to do and shes ready for paint :D

Awesome guitar Matt... Black would definitely be nice. I wanna see some quilted maple veneer on the front though done in black... I think it would look sweet... or maybe some cracked mirror plexi also. That would look really sweet...

Also a quick tip to minimize tearout with a 45 degree chamfer bit on a table... cut it in steps. That way you have less wood to hog away with each pass, thus minimizing tearout... :D

Also a quick tip to minimize tearout with a 45 degree chamfer bit on a table... cut it in steps. That way you have less wood to hog away with each pass, thus minimizing tearout...

HAHAHA YA um I picked up on that one a few years ago :D Thanks man, na its just that the router I was useing on the table Sucked and on every pass it tore out so I just gave up on that and started doing it my way

Awesome guitar Matt... Black would definitely be nice. I wanna see some quilted maple veneer on the front though done in black... I think it would look sweet... or maybe some cracked mirror plexi also. That would look really sweet...

I know but the band wants flat black, not that I mind all my guitars will be coming in flat Black I love it

B)

HAHAHA YA um I picked up on that one a few years ago Thanks man, na its just that the router I was useing on the table Sucked and on every pass it tore out so I just gave up on that and started doing it my way

:D I figured you did, but I threw that one up there for those who read that and wondered about it...

God damn

that is the best headstock I have seen on your guitars Matt!

Me like

Thank you!! im very happy with it since the last one looked like a flower or something :D and you cant have that on a axe thats as PURE EVIL as this one

God damn

that is the best headstock I have seen on your guitars Matt!

Me like

Thank you!! im very happy with it since the last one looked like a flower or something :D and you cant have that on a axe thats as PURE EVIL as this one

Your guitars are something I would enjoy using AND abusing people with, I like that V you were making (pic were on your MySpace) looked very classy but evil too

Keep the evil guitars coming, and hopefully, well see you make it big, B)

I thought I all ready posted it in this thread :D

I'll PM it to you

OK, I added you, I'm Chris Lawler, the nerd looking fellow

HAHA Thats you?---- Im just buging ya man Ive just added ya

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would show off the UNPURE BLACK METAL OF NEFARIUM!!

Link removed.

Whilst I wouldn't word it quite so strongly, I agree, and have removed the link.

I'm sure that anyone who particularly wants to find the video can use google, but it's not appropriate to be linked to, especially since you didn't preface it with any warning about the content, or an indication that it's NWS.

What does NWS stand for :D