Pick Up Position

ceve4life

I'm wanting to buy a Dimarzio Vintage Solo pickup for my strat and I'm wandering where to put it. People have told me to put it in the front and put heavy pickups in the back to grab high and low sounds. Is that a good idea, or should I put pickups meant for picking up higher sounds in the back and lower in the front?

If you're asking can you use a bridge pickup as a neck pickup (or vice versa) then yes you can. I've done it a number of times. There is a 'convention' that the bridge pickup is generally wound to a higher output than the neck but you can have it the other way it you like the sound of it. As I remember I saw a set of Rickenbacker pickups that were the other way (neck hotter than bridge) on ebay.

Robert

i was using a carvin m22 bridge pickup inthe neck, and a tone zone in the bridge. one of the best combo's i have ofund. i am wanting to try their m22sd supposed to be really loud. i love their pickup chart they have too. so you can compare. the freq of each pickup or at least an idea.