Control Cavity Routing

I will be routing the control cavity tonight on my project and was wondering how deep to make the recess for the cover to sit into. I am going to use a piece of acrylic I have as the cover, so I know the thickness, and know to go that deep to get it flush with the body. But I still have to do all of my finish sanding and don't know how much material that will remove. So my question really is, how much extra do I remove to ensure that the cover stays flush and how do I adjust in case the cover sits recessed after everthing is done?

'Sanding' raises many factors. Was the body planed or surfaced before you stated cutting? Are you just talking about the fine finish sanding? plust don't forget about the amout of finish you will put on too. If you want it to be exact, recess it about 1/16 then once you have finished the body, if it is still a bit too low, use small rubber washers under the cavity cover or use small shims and glue them to where the cover meets the body. Got pics?

Not a lot of pics yet. I have to get more progress ones taken. If you look under the In Progress section it is the It Has Begun thread. Thanks for the help. I figure a little recessed was better, but I was also trying to get the best results I can. But then again I am hoping for professional results on my first build, so I am probably being a bit an** on things that I really shouldn't worry about just yet. I need to learn to crawl before I can walk. I am hoping to have more pics up later tonight.