Anyone Have Any Information...

Anyone have any information on the Sobe promo guitar that was (supposedly) limited edition? Like.. how many were made? And if you had ever seen it before? I heard 50 somewhere, 100 another place, and some guy on MTV cribs had one or something and said there were like 3 made. I bought it off of eBay a couple years back and figured this would be a good place to ask such a question. Picture of it is here: http://www.epiphone.com/images/sobehero.jpg

• 11 months later...

Limited edition doesn't mean much, I remember having Metallica's "live s#!t" boxset which was limited to hundreds of thousands. Limited just means that they're not going to make any more after the production run which could be 3, could be a million. There's a a couple of different versions on ebay at the moment for between $225 - $375 so I guess that's a starting point. Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it.

From what I have seen of those guitars, and they have made many different ones for Sobe, they were giving them away for radio promotions. So I wouldnt think they were golden, I see them on ebay occasionally. Look at how much you paid for it that should give you an idea of its worth.

However, they are *never* this particular edition, they're always either the white green and black one that looks like squares, or the one that looks like paint splatters. I've never seen this one anywhere else.

Hhmmm......Didnt you say that you bought it on Ebay..........never say never.