H-h-h Strat

Im thinking of turning my SSS strat into a HHH setup but will it dramatically improve tone?

also will a humbucker fit in the single pickup cavity?

Im also thinking of adding another tone knob for the mid range.

will wiring this setup also be pretty straight forward?

Im thinking of turning my SSS strat into a HHH setup but will it dramatically improve tone?

also will a humbucker fit in the single pickup cavity?

Im also thinking of adding another tone knob for the mid range.

will wiring this setup also be pretty straight forward?

No (and yes), No (and yes), No.

:D

Seriously, it depends on how good your pickups in this strat are. Humbuckers and single coils have different tones full stop, so it depends what your definition of good tone is. Humbuckers generally won't fit in a single coil cavity. Strats tend to have different cavities. most modern fenders have a HSS cavity. But some of the import (ie not fender) 'strats' have a 'swimming pool' cavity which can fit pretty much anything in. If you go for single coil sized humbuckers (ie SD hotrails etc etc.) then they will fit easily.

As for wiring, well... Could make it simple or difficult. Depends what you intend to do. Mid range controls - are you thinking an active boost (like on the clapton strat) or some kind of cut like the treble cut on most guitars?

Easy way to see if the pickups you want will fit... open it up and have a look. if you want 3 full sized humbuckers, i dont reckon it will, and it'll be bloody cramped!

S

:D