Guitar Of The Month For June

Guitar of the Month for June  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a food, a dark little ball of chewy stuff. In one of my older posts somone said my body shape looks like a milkdud that you chewed up and spit into your hand. Hence the ongoing joke of my milkdude guitar. :D

Ha ha...so it has "Sucked sweet syndrome" a term i saw on another post ? ;-)

I went for Setch... I've always been a sucker for doublecuts! AND for great looking undyed tops (though they can look really bad when done with less taste than this!). Only thing I didn't like is the fact it's double bound...

For Doeringer: Well, you did a real great job, but that body shape just does not work for me...

verhoevenc: Actually, the turcoise just put me off :D It sound really dumb but this GOTM will have been winned on stupid details like this!

Scott French: Bah let the others win! :D It looks really good though (except for the color B) )

Anyways, all the entrys were really great this month! It's wonderful to see the great projects that come out of this site!!!

Congrats to all.

I voted for Setch's guitar. I really love the acoustic type features integrated into a very classy electric with lots of good detail.

It was a tough choice for me though as the shape Godin's guitar just flows and flows and makes me want to pick it up and touch it. That's probably a good thing in a guitar. :D

Setch gets my vote. Although i think the top needs a bit of colour. Nice attention to detail.

Doeringer: I love the neck laminates and everything but the colour and headstock dont do it for me. The shape is excellent!! (there i was saying setch's needed colour

Verhoevenc: I like the body shape and F-holes but the mismatched knobs and flat top put me off. That would look stunning as a fully carved semi.

Scott: This is actually the guitar i most want to own, and i love the colour. but you won last month dude and i voted for you then!!

Godin: Very pleasing shape, just like a sucked lollipop. I hate wenge at the moment after making a neck from it

Southpa: Nice, but i really dislike SG's since i started building (used to love em) cant get past the inherent design flaws.

Dan: Excellent for a first (or even 21st), again its the wenge thats puttingme off, i will be over the splinters soon then maybe i can look at a wenge guitar again.

Dan,

Really like your LP, but, I had to go with Setch. I hope you're proud of yourself... you and Godin are going to start a run on Wenge and lead to massive deforestation. I wouldn't want that on MY conscience. :D

Im all for conservation so i pledge for every wenge tree i use i shall plant a les paul in my garden hows that ! :D

Thanks for the votes and the support, I'm very happy to get more than 1 vote with such wonderful guitars up there!

Orgmorg said it best about Setch's "Exceptional detail without overstatement". My view on Wenge, even with the fantastic photography, photos don't do this wood justice, up close you just want to take a bite out of this stuff. Scott, love the design, killer workmanship and the color works for me. South, my first guitar was an SG, good work! Verh, I know some guys around town that would absolutely freak over that guitar!

Thanks for the votes and the support, I'm very happy to get more than 1 vote with such wonderful guitars up there!

Orgmorg said it best about Setch's "Exceptional detail without overstatement". My view on Wenge, even with the fantastic photography, photos don't do this wood justice, up close you just want to take a bite out of this stuff. Scott, love the design, killer workmanship and the color works for me. South, my first guitar was an SG, good work! Verh, I know some guys around town that would absolutely freak over that guitar!

Haha why is it each time people list a run through and comment on each guitar they leave me out of it?...lol

maybe i entered too late or something and people havent seen my effort? lol ;-) :D

My view on Wenge, even with the fantastic photography, photos don't do this wood justice, up close you just want to take a bite out of this stuff.

Haha why is it each time people list a run through and comment on each guitar they leave me out of it?...lol

Believe you fall under the category of edible wenge. :D

My view on Wenge, even with the fantastic photography, photos don't do this wood justice, up close you just want to take a bite out of this stuff.

Believe you fall under the category of edible wenge. :D

Thats plain wengist !