Pickup Strenthening

loquito5765

That is not something that you would want to try unless you have wound pickups before. The wire on a pickup coil is not as thick as a human hair and it would be very easy to do irreparible damage.

-Stan

some telecasters had or have steel baseplates on the bottom, some have used this mod to increase output but it also alters the tone, i belive it was to compensate for ice pick attack, typicaly you'll get a fatter sound

That is not something that you would want to try unless you have wound pickups before. The wire on a pickup coil is not as thick as a human hair and it would be very easy to do irreparible damage.

-Stan

Rewinding pickups isn't that difficult (I'm speaking academically, as I've never done it myself, but there seem to be more than a few people who have DIYd their own), though it's generally cheaper to pick up what you want used or discounted than go through the trouble of winding your own. But if you like to tinker, it looks like it's worth it. I like active pickups, but I'm still interested in rewinding some pickups I have laying around.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Hey one of my guitars pickups are really weak and buzzy, i heared that you can strenthen the pickups somehow by putting more wire on or something. Anybody heared of this?

You certain it's a problem with the pickup? Maybe it's just not grounded properly--that would make it buzzy. Check to see if all the wires are still attached to the pots and none of the wires are shorting out.