Anyone Got A Set Neck?

Hughes

im looking for a gibson explorer style set neck. does anyone got a neck lying around or a beat up epiphone that the neck could be extracted from?

if not, id also be interested in a mahogany set neck blank

That's why I finally gave in and decided to learn how to make my own necks. I got tired of trying to find the right neck for a decent price.

It's not difficult if all you want is a licensed Fender neck. But finding a set neck is not easy --unless you're willing to pay a couple hundred for it.

I decided to take that couple hundred and dump it into tools instead --that way instead of one neck, I can make as many as I need until I get it right...

i know how to make necks. what i was planning on doing is buying the set of explorer templates from guitarbuildingtemplates.com. i wish they'd include the neck's side template like the les paul templates they have. i guess i could make another neck, the only real trouble i have is making a proper scarf joint. the picture on the home page didnt really help me since ive tried it two times and they both looked like shite.

i dont like the thought of buying necks since i might as well just buy the whole guitar, but then i could examine how a set neck works and id have the fretwork and inlays done.

Edited by Hughes