Measuring Bridge Height..

Hey guys,

I do have a tonepros tuneomatic and I'd like to know what is the appropriate way to measure it.

I know I should take the middle top (highest saddle on the radiused bridge) but what's the other point I should measure from ?

Bottom is radiused, and the two screws, would it be under the screw rhumbwheel (set at minimum height)since I beleive that's what touches the top of the guit right ?

thanks

Simon

On my tune-o-matic, (a Schaller roller style) I measured the string break point of the highest saddle (one of the two middle ones) in regards to the top of the guitar - this ended up being the height of the bridge when laying on a flat surface (the thumbscrews were recessed into the bridge) plus the height of the flange of the bushings. (since I didn't recess those into the body)

If your TOM is like the the standard styles I've seen, the thumbscrews should end up being recessed so the bottom of them is the same as the lowest point of the arched body of the bridge, but the flange of the bushings does add a miniscule amount to the height.

On my tune-o-matic, (a Schaller roller style) I measured the string break point of the highest saddle (one of the two middle ones) in regards to the top of the guitar - this ended up being the height of the bridge when laying on a flat surface (the thumbscrews were recessed into the bridge) plus the height of the flange of the bushings. (since I didn't recess those into the body)

If your TOM is like the the standard styles I've seen, the thumbscrews should end up being recessed so the bottom of them is the same as the lowest point of the arched body of the bridge, but the flange of the bushings does add a miniscule amount to the height.

thanks for the reply dude..but actually, since the bushing will lie flat on top of body, I'd beleive that would be the farthest point at the bottom to measure from, no ? The middle part under the bridge is arched (radiused) as on the top of the bridge

here is a pic

http://tonepros.com/TP6.jpg

thanks for the reply dude..but actually, since the bushing will lie flat on top of body, I'd beleive that would be the farthest point at the bottom to measure from, no ? The middle part under the bridge is arched (radiused) as on the top of the bridge

here is a pic

http://tonepros.com/TP6.jpg

anyone ? thanks

This is really just common sense.

What is the aim of measuring the height? The aim is to find out how far above the *body* the strings will sit on the top of the *bridge*.

So....

You measure the distance from the the guitar top, to the highest saddle on the bridge. This distance must include the bridge, saddles, thmbwheels, flanges on studs, *anything* which contributes to the total height of the bridge when it is installed. The most foolproof way to do this with a bridge that requires studs is to install it on a piece of scrap timber and measure it in situ.