I love the listing titles:

"Lately astonishing music tool- guitar--RED"

"Superexcellence musical instrument electric guitar--RED"

"Eximious filemot musical instrument electric guitar"

"Astonishing wonderful musical instrument guitar"

:D

• 3 weeks later...

How did you pay?

Paypal or wire transfer or something else?

Ahh good. I think paypal offer pretty good protection

I had my fingers crossed that you hadnt done a wire transfer, cos then you probably would be pretty "f&*^ed" :D

Read some of ebays info from the site:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-p...tion-steps.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/paypal-protection.html

Do you have a link to the auction page? Some people here may be able to tell if its fake or not by looking at the photos.

How much did you pay for it?

I think with paypal you are covered up to $1000

good luck :D

Here's the ebay site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

I paid $585 shipping incl. The headstock gave it away.

One thing though. Because I was so hell-bent on winning this "Gibson," I took action once I lost to another bidder. I emailed the seller and asked if he'd take $50 dollars more than what the other bidder offered. They took it (surprisingly) and within 2 hrs. I recieved an invoice from them to my Paypal acct. saying "Gibson Les Paul: $585". So eBay can't really intervene. I mean they flatout called it a Gibson Les Paul though. The word copy or fake was NEVER even used in the whole description. I have plenty enough evidence to hopefully get back what I paid, but then where do I go? Who do I complain to?

is there even such thing as a black signature zakk wylde les paul?

dotn get me wrong, these copies are really nice looking, and could fool MOST people, so dont put your self down for this even if you cant get your money back.

I'd buy one if it was located in Canada and was maybe an explorer

One thing though. Because I was so hell-bent on winning this "Gibson," I took action once I lost to another bidder. I emailed the seller and asked if he'd take $50 dollars more than what the other bidder offered. They took it (surprisingly) and within 2 hrs. I recieved an invoice from them to my Paypal acct. saying "Gibson Les Paul: $585". So eBay can't really intervene. I mean they flatout called it a Gibson Les Paul though. The word copy or fake was NEVER even used in the whole description. I have plenty enough evidence to hopefully get back what I paid, but then where do I go? Who do I complain to?

Try contacting paypal directly maybe?

Or even try contacting the person you bought it off? If its still yet to ship maybe they'll consider a refund?

No there is no Zack Wylde Custom Ebony. I thought that's were the lawsuit came into play.

I actually wrote the person and told them that if the guitar shows up and is a copy, I will expect a refund incl shipping. I mean but if it plays great (I know that could be a long shot) it's pretty much an "Epiphone" anyway. I don't know. Should I just ask for the money back and forget about it?

Paypal seems to protect the buyer, and less so with the seller. IMHO

In this instance, Paypal did no favours, and for all intents and purposes, the buyer got his goods AND a full refund, for voicing a late delivery complaint BEFORE the due delivery date had lapsed. :D

The issue was raised with paypal, but .....sympathy and no action

What's that bright shiny thing over there? ......Ooh it looks just like a loophole

ehmm.......... Check over the merch first and then decide. :D

No there is no Zack Wylde Custom Ebony. I thought that's were the lawsuit came into play.

I actually wrote the person and told them that if the guitar shows up and is a copy, I will expect a refund incl shipping. I mean but if it plays great (I know that could be a long shot) it's pretty much an "Epiphone" anyway. I don't know. Should I just ask for the money back and forget about it?

Am I reading this right?

I took action once I lost to another bidder. I emailed the seller and asked if he'd take $50 dollars more than what the other bidder offered.

Does that mean you went outside the auction process?

I dunno, you could always wait and see how it turns out. I picked up a copy on ebay a few months back and it was surprisingly close enough to give away as a gift to a bud of mine. It sounded even better once I upgraded the pickups to genuine Epiphones. See what you get and if you feel ripped off, contact paypal. I dont know if ebay will do much especially if you got the item outside and official transaction.

Am I reading this right?

I took action once I lost to another bidder. I emailed the seller and asked if he'd take $50 dollars more than what the other bidder offered.

Does that mean you went outside the auction process?

Yes. I asked if they had any more Gibsons and if they'd take $50 more for my bid. I don't know if they had more guitars (if they're bogus, I'm sure they've got a few) or if I'm getting the one pictured in the auction.

P.S. i have written them and they haven't responded. I think I'll talk to Paypal.

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! I GOT MY MONEY BACK!!! I told the bank (CHASE) what happened and I had the money back in my account the next day. They said all I had to do is prove that I shipped the guitar back. The chick actually lied when she said,"Sorry, it's already been shipped" so she just held on to the piece. Here's the kicker, she was actually acting like I, yes,I did something wrong!!! She was making threats like "I'm letting Paypal know about this." I was dumbfounded. You sell a fake piece of crap and I'm somehow the bad guy? Screw you. Gimme my money back.

P.S. It felt SOOO good getting the money back after an email said "tough, I said no refunds and you aren't getting your money back." USE YOUR BANK!!!

dont know in anyone else read the whole ad

but it says they are not a registerd user

so super fabulos mystical sounding exqusite musical instrument

is junk dont buy chinese products. if they are gonna flat out

rip off peoples patents then boycott all their junk

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! I GOT MY MONEY BACK!!! I told the bank (CHASE) what happened and I had the money back in my account the next day. They said all I had to do is prove that I shipped the guitar back. The chick actually lied when she said,"Sorry, it's already been shipped" so she just held on to the piece. Here's the kicker, she was actually acting like I, yes,I did something wrong!!! She was making threats like "I'm letting Paypal know about this." I was dumbfounded. You sell a fake piece of crap and I'm somehow the bad guy? Screw you. Gimme my money back.

P.S. It felt SOOO good getting the money back after an email said "tough, I said no refunds and you aren't getting your money back." USE YOUR BANK!!!

Great! :D

Glad to hear it all worked out well for you! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

did anybody notice the serial number on that lp copy?

according to the gibson decoding process it's like a 1956 or something (don't have the auction in front of me to give a real date)...***

-Devon Goodspeed

They are no longer registered with Ebay, definitely banned for false advertising and scamming.