W.o.d. Breaks Loose!

W.O.D. ate thru his steel chain and broke loose in the Castle last night, rampaging around at will!

He VAPORIZED Baby V in one mammoth chomp and mauled Hammerhead into biddy splinters... Hammerhead tried to fight back, but was NO match for a hungry W.O.D. loosed from his chains of imprisonment.

Then he had the balls to burp and smile at me, a wicked, knowing smile it was too :D

:D:DB)

After regaining control of him and off to the deepest chambers of the Castle to chain him again to his dank stoop, I took a stroll up to the uppermost parts of The Castle, up to The Hatchery, to check on my new brood of Baby V's, where they were resting quite comfortably, unknowing of the carnage that erupted in the halls below them.

All is well people, all is well. B)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...What?

Haha, I don't think Ben is familiar with the W.O.D.! biggrin.gif

Ben is confused... :D

I'd guess WOD stands for weapon of destruction (since its like WOMD with no M :D )...

So what, you destroyed it because you werent happy with it?

I hope not, that would be a shameful waste. You should have just given it to me. (presuming you did destroy it...)

I'd guess WOD stands for weapon of destruction (since its like WOMD with no M :D )...

I hope not, that would be a shameful waste. You should have just given it to me. (presuming you did destroy it...)

Dude, learn to live with it. Such is the Justice of the WOD: if it's sub-par, it gets totalled, no quarter. And no selling/giving sub-standard stuff away, because it reflects not so hotly on you and all that..

Tis a sad, horrific thing, but such is the Law of the Castle.

Tis a sad, horrific thing, but such is the Law of the Castle.

Tis indeed :D

What was wrong with it Drak? Looks good from here...

if the 'W.O.D' came to my house I'm sure it would feast on both of my projects.

I'd be thrilled if I could build something like that so its annoying to see you destroy it :D

I already tried that Ben, already

tried..... http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...stroying+bodies

I liked southpa's idea:

Well hells bells if you're gonna trash a guitar you may as well film it and give us some entertainment! If you can't be creative in the guitar's con-struction you could at least show some creativity in its dee-struction. Try stuff like wood chippers, shotguns and explosives. Stick it under the back wheel of the car and see how hard it hits the brick wall when you do a burnout. We just wanna see the guitar get finished... one way or another. biggrin.gif

and I see from reading further that you do too nitefly...

I'd like to add flamethrowers to the list.

Those woodchippers are so much fun btw, we had some trees cut down a while back and theres something so satisfying in throwing a log in and seeing it instantly vapourised...

Badly disturbed :D:D

I have to agree. Why destroy something like that? I'd be happy if I could make something half as good as those 'screw ups.' B)

One of these days you will figure out how to do it right and the WOD can lay down its weapons :D .

At a point I got why you put them down. It is funny but I find myself looking at my past work as sub-par. If I learn how to do something better or use a better method on my current work. I look at my past work as being done wrong (even if it was spot on at the time). It is an odd thing. When someone looks over a guitar and they have no clue something is not perfect, but you focus in on the flaw as you see it. Kinda makes you want to hide it away. Maybe the WOD is a cleaner way to dispose of them demons.

I do believe we have issues B)

:D Keep up the good work!

Rich

One of these days you will figure out how to do it right and the WOD can lay down its weapons :D .

At a point I got why you put them down. It is funny but I find myself looking at my past work as sub-par. If I learn how to do something better or use a better method on my current work. I look at my past work as being done wrong (even if it was spot on at the time). It is an odd thing. When someone looks over a guitar and they have no clue something is not perfect, but you focus in on the flaw as you see it. Kinda makes you want to hide it away. Maybe the WOD is a cleaner way to dispose of them demons.

I do believe we have issues B)

:D Keep up the good work!

Rich

Oh, that's entirely true, but I keep 'em around to remind myself of my progress, of past mistakes, of what mistakes not to make again (I'll make new ones, but, well, whatever). I may eventually re-bind my first acoustic, for example, because there are a few bits I don't like about it, but on the other hand, I figure I should leave it well alone; it's my first, warts and all. But all of the instruments still play great, and get played, so I ain't destroying them for a beginner's aesthetic booboos, if y'know what I mean.

OK, OK, I shall explain, an explanation is necessary sometimes it seems. :D

I made Hammerhead and Desdemona based on my old Coco (my GOTM No.1) design with a few small modifications.

Coco was bound, and I guess for the time was fine.

But now, I am looking for a much sleeker, more ergonomic V, and we can now look at Hammerhead's design as simply some R&D along the way.

The new shape of the Baby V is WAY more to my liking, it sits against my body much better, it FEELS sleeker, and I love it. The difference really isn't that much, maybe I swept the V shape in about 1" and redesigned the rear curves, but holding it, it makes a BIG difference, and so, faced with wanting to play both one day, I would pick the Baby V design over the older, more 'wide-body' design every time.

On top of that, I wasn't 100% satisfied with the quilt coloring of Hammerhead, so I was faced with stripping all the finish off (which I have grown really tired of doing, as I've probably done that 100 times already in the past years) and redoing the finish on a body that I now consider sub-par, that is the nuts and bolts story of Hammerhead. It's so easy to simply make another one from scratch, I can do that almost as quick now as the time it would take to restrip a finish off. At this point, I can whip up a body from raw wood and have it ready for paint in about 24 hours.

And the Original Baby V was Spanish Cedar, and weighs, I swear, about 1lb., so that one was far too light really, so I look at her as simply the template for the new design.

So now I've already made 3-4 NEW Baby V's that I will be 100% happy with.

PS, Desdemona, although being of old design, is quite a beautiful guitar, so she will make it all the way to completion and I will really dig her.

BTW, she now has a 'little' ( :D ) sister, Opehlia, which you shall meet in a few days I think, along with a few new brothers and sisters.

Long story short, it's just a little old fashioned R & D going down, and wait till you see the new ones. :D

You know, I went thru the same thing with the Tele's, I made a lot of bodies with controls in all sorts of places before I finally figured out my 5-pot scenario, which is perfect for me, but a few bodies hit the wall along the way to me finding that final answer in the experimentation stages, but once I finally hit the answer, that was IT.

So, never settle for half-baked, don't accept 70 or 80% as 'good enough', keep chugging until you hit The Magic, it's worth it. B)

PS, Desdemona, although being of old design, is quite a beautiful guitar, so she will make it all the way to completion and I will really dig her.

Well I'm glad to hear that at least

but a few bodies hit the wall along the way to me finding that final answer in the experimentation stages,

So is it Wall Of Death then.... what does WOD stand for?