Building My Own Guitar

Heys ..well I´m making a brand new guitar ..i got this plan of a washburn flying-v from a website ..the plan is in autocad format ..as showing bellow .. if you want it i can give it to you ..just ask .

untitled27va.gif

Now I want to go further but i´m stuck in this matter ..hope you guys can help ..take a look:

sblp3.jpg

See the mirror effect in this foto that´s what I want for my washburn ..not the black,white gray or green ..just that mirror effect on the right side of the pickups . I want my new guitar to look like this ..just mirror .

Do you know how to do this ??? many tks :D

Edited by rampant

Change that les paul photo to a link or you might get in trouble for hotlinking to it like I did :D

You get it shiny like that by spending a very long time sanding, sealing spraying laquer, sanding more and buffing it. I'm sure there will be plenty of info on this site if you search for it.

I think a professional spray gun would help too

Change that les paul photo to a link or you might get in trouble for hotlinking to it like I did :D

You get it shiny like that by spending a very long time sanding, sealing spraying laquer, sanding more and buffing it. I'm sure there will be plenty of info on this site if you search for it.

I think a professional spray gun would help too

Nah, it's got a mirror pickguard on there. You'd have to get a glass company or something to cut it for you, I'd guess.

I thought you meant the shiney laquer...

That shamray site you got the photo from has a forum, you could probably ask them directly how they did it.

the V will have a flat suface, right? if it does you could get a sheet or reflective plastic that reflects just like mirror and cover the whole body as DuffBeerMan has: whole thread: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=14169&hl=

pic: IMG_0242.jpg

Edited by Nitefly SA