Strings And Weather

Here's a question I've always debated with my friends, to no avail. I have a Schecter Omen, along with a Strat and a Tele and a LP, and I have them on stands in my cnc laboratory. In the summer it's air conditioned, and in winter just standard electric baseboard heat. Niether source is excessive. Here's the deal. Each one of them is always in different degrees of tune. Meaning they are out of tune differently. The Shecter is the worst. The others have maybe the G and B strings just slightly off. My take on this is the neck woods are all curing at different rates. Taking in varying amounts of moisture at any given humidity or dryness in the air. I live in New England, and it's true, wait five minutes and it will change. The Omen is about ten yrs. old, the Strat a pre CBS. The neck is stamped 1964, The Tele is a Squire, reletively new, maybe 3 yrs. and the LP is 42 yrs old . I bought it when I was in high school. Any comments on this. I'd like to know what you all think about this. :D

I don't actually see a specific question in there...

I believe he forgot the question mark in "Any comments on this?" which qualifies as a question, since one assumes there's a preface, as in "Does anyone have".

Of course, it seems the younger crowd would have punctuated it this way:

"any comments on this lol"

:D

Anyway, on my guitars the tuning tends to go out equally for all of the strings --could be the locking tuners? And the guitars tend to go slightly sharp.

They're not curing, just moving. Different bits of wood (and species of wood) will expand and contract differently in reaction to heat and especially humidity swings, and finishes (and fingerboard woods/ages/dryness/neck stiffness) will also affect how this translates into tuning shifts. The body wood's also moving some. More seasoned wood should do it less than less seasoned wood.