D-tuna On Low Pro?

Hey guys, I'm new around here and have a quick question.

I have one guitar with a D-tuna installed, so I am familiar with the mechanism by which it works.

I've done a search on topics for using the D-tuna on a Low-pro bridge, and the consensus is that it will not install. I understand this, but is there any way at all to modify the bridge so that it will take the D-tuna? Has anybody attempted this?

I realize I will have to install some kind of trem stabilization whether it be trem-setter or block (I am thinking trem-setter regardless).

Or alternatively, is there any way to get convenient drop tunings off a Floyd (ie no undoing the locking nut)?

Or am I just stuck with buying an original model and going from there?

Thanks guys

i THINK there is enough movement in the fine tuner to go from E to D, if you do it right.

When you string your guitar up, try to set the low E up so it's fine tuner is bottomed out, or almost bottomed out so you have some tuning range. This way if you choose to crank the fine tuner all the way up so you can bring the string down to as low as a D, it can be done! I do it on mine all the time.

http://www.tremol-no.com/products.asp

Check out the tremol-no, its not spring loaded so it won't affect whammy use but you can lock it down in "dive only" no upbending or "hardtail mode" Both will allow for drop tunings.

And I do believe there is enough movement from the fine tuner to go from e to d, on a thick string like the low e a little goes a long way. Although I'm not 100% sure. You'll hve to look into that.

I had a D-Tuna on my OFR for awhile, with a Tremsetter installed. The D-Tuna was a bit finicky, and the tuning always seemed a bit off with the dropped-D engaged. While I love my Tremsetter, for use with a D-Tuna I'd suggest either blocking it or using something like the Tremol-no that will lock the bridge.

Mike

Hey guys

Thanks for the suggestions and insight. Personally I'm going to have to go with a Trem-setter because my Floyd is finicky with tuning when I whammy. Unless of course somebody has advice/experience otherwise?

The "just use the fine tuner" suggestion is awesome. So simple, yet I completely overlooked it.

Anyways, I'll try things out and let you know how it goes.

http://www.tremol-no.com/products.asp

Check out the tremol-no, its not spring loaded so it won't affect whammy use but you can lock it down in "dive only" no upbending or "hardtail mode" Both will allow for drop tunings.

And I do believe there is enough movement from the fine tuner to go from e to d, on a thick string like the low e a little goes a long way. Although I'm not 100% sure. You'll hve to look into that.

i use an ibanez backstop instead of a tremsetter

in one of my guitars. go ahead try to find one cheap now lol

anyhow unless you are changing tunings mid song

the fine tuner works. i use it all the time

from E to D or if im tuned down a half step then

D to C# but that depends on wich guitar i use as i have one in

standard. one flat. one drop d