Splitting 2 Humbuckers With One Dpdt Switch

masterpuppets

I looked around everywhere and can't find anything on how to do this.I want to use one switch for both pickups to change them to single coil mode.The pickups have independent volume controls,but no tone controls.It seems like a DPDT would work,since it really is two SPDT switches in one.Can somebody direct me to a good link or explain what each lug would connect to/from in this wiring setup? Thanks in advance!

I looked around everywhere and can't find anything on how to do this.I want to use one switch for both pickups to change them to single coil mode.The pickups have independent volume controls,but no tone controls.It seems like a DPDT would work,since it really is two SPDT switches in one.Can somebody direct me to a good link or explain what each lug would connect to/from in this wiring setup? Thanks in advance!

It is very simple.

The DPDT switch is simply two SPDT switches side by side so each half taps one pickup. take the tap wire of one pickup to the centre tag on one side of the switch. Take the other to the other side. Work out which way you want your switch to operate and join the two lugs on that end of the switch to an earth (ground) connection.

That will tap both pickups.

Melvyn Hiscock

ah hahahaha, gotta love how Melvyn's a "newbie"!

Chris

Of course I am a 'Newbie"

I have only been doing this for thirty years.

There is still a lot to learn.

PM Brian or Kevan and get a VIP badge. Everyone who's anyone around here has read and been inspired by your book, so you of all people are VIP.