Heastock - Angled, Set Back, String Trees, Stability?

I just had a thought about my next guitar and the Wilkinson Ez-Lok tuners. a) they are staggered, so don't I need any string trees with a set back headstock and the pressure on the nut is good? :D can I use staggered tuners on an angled neck? advantages? would a set back headstock be easier to make than a angled one? and quicker and would it be as stable as a scarfed neck, and have the right amount of string pressure on the nut? I guess a volute would be easier to be made with a set-back hs?

You might find some of mickguard's thread interesting if you can separate the info from the zachary-bashing :D

You sure the EZ-loks are staggered?

I have some and I dont think mine are.

Maybe you could get a staggered effect by using the bottom hole as the 'main' hole on the top 3 treble strings though.

would a set back headstock be easier to make than a angled one? and quicker and would it be as stable as a scarfed neck,

The tools you have will dictate how hard the 2 designs are to make. It seems that the drop down ones are arguably more stable.