Radius sanding block for only $7.25...

Guitarfrenzy

about to make some radius sanding blocks, ( i alomost got the jig done) and i'm going to be making the 8" long blocks, but i've been thinking about making several i the same radius, like... 16"R 60 grit, 16"R 220 grit, 16" 400 grit, 16"R 1500 grit, so i don't wast as much sandpaper, cause after i peel it off the block it's pretty much just scrap sanding paper then... :D but... this also means i'm going to need 4 times the wood for each radius... for now i might just do it with 10" and 16"..... what do you guys think? and what kind of wood do you guys use? i definitly didn't want to use maple cause of warping.. and yada yada... i ended up going with pau amarello (yellow heart).. cheap, stable, and strong.

what do you guys think? and what kind of wood do you guys use? i definitly didn't want to use maple cause of warping..

Personally?? Just get ONE guitar finished dude, worry about the rest later.

Maple mustnt warp too much, its used on more guitar neck than any other timber i know of...

well i got bad news... i have 5 on the go right now, and a 6th design is almost done...

all the maple on guitar necks is sealed and finished though, sanding blocks usualy arean't...

Yes, i have a home made jig that does that. It will do any radius from 5 inches to 25 inches, including compounds etc.

As for dereks comments, once the timber is correctly dried, it wont warp. And furthermore, your hand has a lot more sway/zigzag/crisscross/circular movement that will make the radius "out". If your so concerned about warping, use cheap MDF or plywood.