My New Cbg Dvd Is Here!

Jehle

My new cigar box guitar DVD is out on eBay now. After the amazing success of my 2004 release of the Control Freak CD, this is the follow up in pure homegrown DVD style. I'm so excited I could light my hair on fire and run around waving my arms! :D

Have a peek and let me know what you think! Thanks for the string balls guys. They actually appear in the DVD!!! :D

<edit>

Here's an updated link that goes to the store on my site. eBay is great and all, but on my site, they cost a little less, there's a link or two to video clips, and another link for the same DVD for sale on Film Baby (at a substantial savings I might add).

JEHLE-ADVERT1-SM.jpg

BTW, this is a copy of the advert that will appear starting in the December issue of Acustic Guitar. I'm pretty excieted about seeing it in print and hope that the advertising pays off. Feel free to comment on the advert.

Enjoy!

Cool!

You should make a trailer :D

I have thought about making a short commercial for it in the auction. I was so excited when they came in I had to list it as soon as I could. I've already sold my first one! YAY! Not bad for the first draft of the listing.

Screenshots, short snippets of video, and pictures of the guitars made on the DVD will probably eventually become part of the listing.

Glad you think it's cool! :D

Here's a slightly altered listing. There's a few screen shots from the video mainly showing the neck work.

Guitar Building : The String, Stick, Box Method

They are not flying off the shelves quite yet but there does seem to be some interest in what it is. The sound clip is going to come next. Man, this little thing wails. I know that sounds like every other cigar box guitar listing on eBay, but I hate to admit it, they're right. There's nothing that sounds so wonderfull through a Marshall than one of these things. They're downright nasty!

Hey, I see the Oddboy in that one shot there. :D

Good catch! The Odd Boy appears in a few spots of the video. The whole idea is to show, okay here's an electric guitar... here's an acoustic guitar... now build one of these $20 projects to get your feet wet, then go build that PRS Dragon clone.

I don't have the right marketing stategy quite down yet. I still think the idea is very solid: build a simple "toy" first, then build a dream guitar. It's not quite fair to think of them as toys because they are guitars in their own right.

Any suggestions from you guys at improving the listing?

Thanks.

Yeah, how about throwing in one of your CBGs as a bonus, like when you used to get towels and dishes with laundry detergent! B)

BTW, I just clicked the BIN. :D

Actually Mark, I do plan on selling the prototypes featured in the DVD and the CBG that I made in the DVD eventually. The DVD will be sold with them, naturally. Shoot, I've even thought of selling the black Tee shirt that I wore through the whole thing (It's a Gibson Tee with the slogan "The One With The Most Guitars Wins" on the front and a bunch of guitars on the back). I'm not sure who in their right mind would care that it was in the DVD, but it is a cool t-shirt.

:D

• 1 month later...

Just bought both on eBay, can't wait! Bought individually and seen a combo price after I commited to buy.

Spike

Hey Spike,

I wondered why you didn't get the combo. I shrugged and thought I might need to rewrite the title or description of that listing to make it more obvious... which I probably will.

Thanks for getting both of those BTW. You'll get an email for confirmation and stuff when I get home this evening.

:D

<edit>

I gave you a little refund to bring it down to the combo price. I'm so low on stock right now that I'm waiting for the next shipment to come in for both the DVD's and CD's. Sales have been steadily climbing for both of those recently and my stock got completely wiped out. That's a good thing I guess, but it kills me not to keep those listings going on the Bay.

Now it's time to sell those prototypes. Be on the lookout for those very soon.

I received both CD and DVD two days ago. Very fast shipping.

These are both incredible. Thanks!!!

Spike

Hey, that's good to hear Spike. I had a lot of fun with the DVD. It's hard to believe that it's been since 2004 that I made Control Freak too. How time flies!

Now that should give me another 2 years to work on my NEXT project. :D Any suggestions everybody? Bill Jehle's Redneck Workshop? Duct Tape, the Guitar, and You?

• 5 weeks later...

Here's an updated link that goes to the store on my site. eBay is great and all, but on my site, they cost a little less, there's a link or two to video clips, and another link for the same DVD for sale on Film Baby (at a substantial savings I might add).

JEHLE-ADVERT1-SM.jpg

BTW, this is a copy of the advert that will appear starting in the December issue of Acustic Guitar. I'm pretty excieted about seeing it in print and hope that the advertising pays off. Feel free to comment on the advert.

Enjoy!

Updated the link at the top of the post. Now it points to my site rather than to eBay.