New Dovetail Jig

jay66

I finaly bought a Porter Cable dovetail jig. So far I built a 210 cab for myself and now I'm working on a Marshall style JTM45 head cab. I'm just waiting for the tolex and hardware to come in. They both turned out very nice. ampcab001.jpg

Another view

I'm probably going to put the head cab on Ebay after its done.

One image per post please, the rest links - review the image posting rules in the announcements section. Cheers.

Edited by Setch

My bad there. I have to repeat though, great job!

I sell amps, but I don't have the woodworking skills to build a nice cab like that (I got one as a kit once, raw and unfinished and tried to tolex it)....5 hours and a new glue covered capet (spilled a litre of contact cement..), and I just gave up and trashed the thing.

I can build pretty much anything out of wood but when it comes to electronics I'm limited because I'm color blind. I can't tell what color the stripes are on the resistors. My extent of wiring is the few guitars Iv'e built and a few Iv'e modded. Oh and no beers with the powertools I want to keep all my fingers. Gotta play those guitars when there finnished.

I thought about a tutorial on the whole cab building process. I have to get better at applying tolex though. I'm really fighting to cover this one. the curved areas are turning out to be a bear. Had to take a break from it. Yes the Eminence badges come with the speakers. Great sounding speakers BTW.