Using Heavier Gauge Wiring

cass

To a degree I guess. Electrons flow on the outside of a conductor, so a heavier multistrand might be cool but you won't see the results. The internal electronics of a guitar don't carry high voltages or high currents to warrant an upgrade in gauge. It's like considering that you're talking the equivalent of a small car driving down an empty four lane motorway at *low* speeds, there's no point in looking at more lanes if you get my meaning. If anything - better screened cable might reduce your noise but heavier gauge will just be a bigger pain to work with.

Oh sorry, I meant "no".

Dude! I have a full *one* more post than you!! Woo me!!

Edited by Prostheta

Oh sorry, I meant "no".

:D +1 - you can use 12 AWG solid Romex if you'd like, and it'll never affect the sound of the guitar (other than the result of all that body mass you'd have to remove to fit that much 12 AWG into the cavity!). All this "special" wire/pot/cap mojo obsession is simply designed to separate you from your hard-earned cash - remember, all those exceptionally sweet-sounding vintage guitars were built with the cheapest available wire, caps, pots and often wood back in the Fifties!