Stupid Queston...maybe

I believe there are several guitars that offer that feature. (I think the peavey Wolfgang guitars where one?) I know warmoth offers that back contour as an option. One of the guitars I made sort of has this going on (by accident at first, but I went with it once I realized what as going on) and while I like the feel of it for open chords, it really doesn't seem to add a lot of comfort to me, as I don't usually play with my whole hand wrapped around the neck after I've left the first position. (I usually have my thumb against the back of the neck)

edit: here is the contour info at Warmoth.

I believe there are several guitars that offer that feature. (I think the peavey Wolfgang guitars where one?) I know warmoth offers that back contour as an option. One of the guitars I made sort of has this going on (by accident at first, but I went with it once I realized what as going on) and while I like the feel of it for open chords, it really doesn't seem to add a lot of comfort to me, as I don't usually play with my whole hand wrapped around the neck after I've left the first position. (I usually have my thumb against the back of the neck)

edit: here is the contour info at Warmoth.

...thanks for the info

I believe the warmoth ones are thicker on the bass side.

I've done a couple of necks that are thicker on the treble side, I really likde them, its all a matter of personal preference. And if you dont like it, its no big deal to remove the thicker side.

I do all my necks with slight asymmetry (rounder shoulder on the bass side, flatter on the treble), which are very comfortable to play thumb-over and no problem at all to play with 'good' (classical) technique.

I don't think I've ever made a neck for my own personal use that wasn't asymmetrical to some degree.