Need A Custom Logo Printed...

I'm looking for input and someone who can print a custom logo for me. I am willing to pay, but time is running out. My son's first project is a strat refinish/rebuild. ALA Alder Squire Body, MM neck, HOT GFS pups (light metallic blue and maple stick). I wouldlike to get him a headstock logo that screams I am the coolest 13 year old ever. Any ideas? Tribal, Celtic...

Thanks in advance

R-

Check out Jehle's custom logo tutorial --it works really well, especially if you put a nice thick layer of finish over it.

When I was doing mine, I started playing around with reducing the thickness of the transparency paper, shaving it down with a razor --although now I think a scraper would work even better.

I was able to get the paper thin enough so that the edges of the logo didn't show at all under the finish. It's not necessary to do though if you're using a thicker finish.

Here's what I came up with:

th_bocasterfinishedheadstockMedium.jpg

I put a modified Fender logo on my jazz bass... got a sheet of water slide decal film made for running through a laser printer (found it at a hobby store). Created the logo in Photoshop and printed it on a color copier at Kinko's (their color printer wouldn't feed the thicker stock well). Turned out great.

Thanks guys! I have read Jehle's tut and think its a great idea, though I prefer a waterslide. Mikhail, has a good idea and worth considering, and I'll check out the inkjet paper as well. Wes, I'll be ready for this quite soon which leaves ordering from the UK out. Most likey I'll try a laser jet if I can find the paper (work machine or Kinko's).

How 'bout those creative ideas? :0)

He's 13, his name is Micah, he's a videogame junkie, and kinda resembles a sufer/skater lawndart. Floppy blonde hair and is tall and thin. I say lawndart because I swear I could toss him in the air and he would javelin effect into the ground.

You sir (bored or not) are a wonderful soul. Exact type I am talking about! While I am creative with plastics, dabble in paints (airbrushing and oils), and handy with a pencil, I am unfortunately behind the times when it comes to graphic computer type stuff. Sure sign of getting old I guess....

Hrmm, would you mind dabbling a little more with the font? Maybe Micahman or Micah castor? At you leisure of course, and bill me when you are done! :0) I may if you don't mind download or have you e-mail the file to me when done and try to print here to save time. I REALLY appreciate your efforts.

Yet another reason I love the people at PG.

R

Oh yeah, and it's a Mightly Might standard strat neck. Pics will be posted soon, The body is still in the booth. Assembly will we tomorrow or Thursday.

R-

No sweat, but don't worry about it. After an hour lecture on why we can't put a Fender logo on it, he has decided to come with his own. While he did a pretty nice job with the build doing as much as he could himself (he hates sanding now, hehe). We have a problem with the body, so I am ordering a new one giving him plenty of time to come up with his own logo and for the laser paper to get here (internet order).

Thanks again though all there will be pics in a build post when we are done.

R-