Jump to content

How To Put A Tone Knob In A Non-tone Knob Guitar

Recommended Posts

I think you just have a pot (500k for humbucking or 250k for single coil) before the volume control. lug one (looking at the pot from the front) comes from the pickup switch, Lug two goes to the volume and lug the goes to a capacitor which goes to ground (usuall a 1uf non polarized greencap).

Hope that helps


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I beleive the coil tap switch on those is a larger pickup selector size. You may be able to replace it with a 500k push/pull pot which can provide tone (wth a cap) and the coil tap.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...