Carvin 7 Vs Warmoth 7

What do you people think is better a warmoth 7 or a carvin 7. With the warmoth i would have a lot easier time getting in the pickups i'd want to use. But the carvin would be neck thru. Both are about the same price. But i'm also guessing the warmoth would have a thinner neck? Has anyone ever played a warmoth or carvin 7? I know i don't want to go with a ibanez. Ibanez are too common and don't really like the feel of the neck. I'm more into a strat feeling neck.

I would ask people who have just tried both plain Carvin and Warmoth necks. I have heard good things about both. With Warmoth, you can know for sure what the profile will be like, so you may wanna ask how similar a Carvin neck is to a strat. I would probably go with carvin, because I'd rather have a neck thru guitar. If the profile isnt perfect, you can spend a little time with sand paper on it.

Keep in mind that I have tried neither.

• 1 month later...

I do own one of the 6-string Carvin neck-thru blanks, the NT-6, it has a thin and flat profile on the neck. The fretboard width feels slightly wide to my hands, although I prefer narrower fretboard widths where I can really reach around good. The Carvin neck plays very fast and smooth and has a fairly flat radius, so it's nice if you're into going all over the fretboard with your solos. Build quality is flawless, perfectly made.

Equally (if you prefer) you can cut down the through neck tenon to make a set neck tenon. Useful if the entire tenon doesn't allow you to pull up an angle over the body, or you prefer to make the body as one complete entity as opposed to stuck on wings ;-)

I was considering doing this with the neck tenon I bought from Stewmac (nasty sidemarkers!) but chickened out. Oopsy!