I Need Metallic Blue Paint. Where To Buy From?

Stygian

I have an Ibanez 1660 Proline series (the rare Rhoads V style!) that I've finally got around to sanding down. A close friend of mine has a spray gun and is willing to refinish it so long as I find myself some paint and clear coat. I keep coming across websites that sell spraycan paint marketed towards guitars. Now, he likes working with the sprayer since he can control the pressure at which he paints and I imagine a professional sprayer will be a better option here.

I need just enough paint for one guitar body. I'm looking for DARK metallic blue, but I'm having trouble. Can anybody direct me towards a place with a good selection of paint and clear coat?

Thanks.

PS - I want the finish to look about like this ESP MII: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8249/espmiibluemw6.jpg

Edited by Stygian

I have an Ibanez 1660 Proline series (the rare Rhoads V style!) that I've finally got around to sanding down. A close friend of mine has a spray gun and is willing to refinish it so long as I find myself some paint and clear coat. I keep coming across websites that sell spraycan paint marketed towards guitars. Now, he likes working with the sprayer since he can control the pressure at which he paints and I imagine a professional sprayer will be a better option here.

I need just enough paint for one guitar body. I'm looking for DARK metallic blue, but I'm having trouble. Can anybody direct me towards a place with a good selection of paint and clear coat?

Thanks.

PS - I want the finish to look about like this ESP MII: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8249/espmiibluemw6.jpg

look at coastairbrush.com they sell small amounts of house of kolor paints

Bring a sample of the color you want to any automotive paint distributor and they should be able to match it right there at the counter.

I strongly suggest NOT using spraypaint.

If you have a good paint distributor they will sell it to you in 1/2 pint and it will be fairly inexpensive. If not a pint of piant is about $50.00 depending on the color and the brand. Coast Airbrush sells in 4oz and up sizes so it can save you from having a lot of left over piant. 4 oz of unreduced paint is 6 to 8 oz after reduction depending on brand.

Staying away from spray paint is a good suggestion