Jump to content

Jem Output Jack Question

Recommended Posts

So I'm building a guitar with a JEM-style output jack. I have an RG style output jack right now that attaches to the body by a plate designed to go on the bottom corner. What could I do to fit the output jack at the JEM-style location? It looks like I could just bend the plate so it would screw onto the side of the guitar flat and then drill perpendicular to the bottom of the guitar. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Any comments would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could do that, but it wouldn't be a JEM style (angled) jack. If you want a JEM jack, throw away the plate and counterbore the jack into the body wood at the right angle. You need a jack like this:


Use something like a Forstner bit to drill the recess hole with a flat bottom for the jack to seat on. You don't need a plate unless you really want one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...