Minarik "ocean Burst"

How would I go about doing this? translucent paints? or just staining different colour? I really like it and think it'd look incredible on a carved top LP. Link

EDIT: Fixed link, also thought it'd be a better idea to use one of Rob Thorne's guitars as a better example. Better quality finish in my opinion than the Minarik one.

Edited by Lord-of-the-strings

The way i'd do it (which may or may not be right haha) would be to bleach (if the maple isn't that pure color) the maple, seal the body with 5-7 coats of clear, spray your tinted clear.

Chris

Edit: It also looks like there's a lighter color before the dark blue, so i'd bleach the maple, dye the burst that light blue color, seal it and spray your tinted blue for the burst.

Carrieburst anybody? :D

Edited by AlGeeEater

Um... I'm not to sure how that happened :D When I set up the hyperlink, it said in the posting part that it was to minarikguitars.com. I know it probably seems like I'm saying this to cover up my error, but I swear lol Some kind server error? I dunno. And no, I don't like Dragonforce. I'd rather just go turn on my NES and put castlevania on the main screen instead of listening to them :D I'll fix the link now

You're not going to get that finish unless you own spray equipment and know how to use it.

But if you do, then it's clearcoat/turquoise/blue, that's it, no bleaching required, although you can if you want to, what you really need is a a clear piece of white Maple (no defects/mineral streaks/discoloring) to get you going.

LINK