Anyone Know Of A Supplier Of Heavily Flamed Maple Veneers?

I'm looking for flamed maple veneer, preferably quartersawn for the added figure. So far, I've only been able to find stuff around 7" wide. Woodcraft sells a 4'x8' sheet, but that's far more than I need and runs $150.

peace,

russ

They're UK based, but you could enquire with Anita Marquetry. They might be able to do wider sizes than standard for you, they definitely stock flamed maple veneer.

:D I'm confused too. You must be talking about a laminate top, because I have never seen veneer that cost $150. The Wood Well has cheap veneer and I'm pretty sure universal jems has some too, if that's indeed what you are looking for.

C'mon guys. Me call a laminate a veneer? Never. I'm talking about actual veneer, typically maybe what, 1mm thick? Not a drop top.

If you doubt that $150 claim, look here: http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=8664. It's got a paper backing, but none the less it's quite expensive.

I'll message you, drak and rich.

peace,

russ