Please Help First Time Refinishing!

Hey, I'm refinishing a strat style guitar bldy and the headstock as well. I've got the body cleaned and there's no paint left on it. I just sprayed a sanding sealer or whatever on it and I have no clue what to do next. I've got a nitro white primer, Lake Placid Blue nitro paint, nitro clear coat, and some polishing stuff. Is there anything else i need!? Please help me and guide me through this!

Thanks!

Now is the perfect time for you to immerse yourself in the wonders of the

pinned tutorials in the 'Inlay & finishing 'section

Have you read those? If not, do so and you too shall find the wealth of information stored within. :D

Now is the perfect time for you to immerse yourself in the wonders of the

pinned tutorials in the 'Inlay & finishing 'section

Have you read those? If not, do so and you too shall find the wealth of information stored within. :D

Yeah I have, but I don't think some of the stuff that they did would apply to me. As far as I know its pretty simple right? Sand, seal, sand, prime, sand, base, sand, clear coat, sand polish? Is that right? I'm just really not sure!

You can also find it from every perspective and angle right here in the archives. Of course, there is a bit of sorting to do. It depends on what specific search words you use, :D But I've learned a lot of tips n' tricks as well as a general idea on what to expect from my efforts. I also think there is just as much to learn from reading about the failures. Yes, there definitely IS an ugly side to guitar building. :D

• 4 weeks later...