8-string Guitar

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing thats NOT you holding the pickup Matt?

jeez by the looks of things you might even FINNISH a guitar

**is so dead**

No thats my Girl holding my EMG B)

Im working on three guitars right now and every one of them will be finished, it seems to be the one I build for myself that never get far But this 8 string WILL BE BUILT. I for the most part get board of some guitars I start so they get tossed aside, I have so much fun designing guitars that I never seem to stop :D and its not long befor I get all happy about another design and start all over again with a new chunk of wood :D

I hope so. that walnut was a bit of a hastle. and Ill be pissed if nothing good comes of it...

No Kiding!! no worries man

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!! shapeing has started on the neck 100_2592.jpg

the headstock still needs work but just look at that sexy ebony :D

and Im going with one of Jeremy's inlay paterns

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...ar/DSC00227.jpg

sorry, cant be bothered reading the entire thread, the ideas change too many times...

Ive had enough of these litel pokes and twists and tiny attacks

Fine!! than Dont read the thread, I dont really care Any more Perry ok, YES I changed My mind ALOT I do that Its me it will be me for A long time, I like Changeing my mind and thinking of new things This Is the first guitar Ive Built like this and this Is how I tend to do things with A new design,

Now Im sure that your going to have Some Snide rude backhanded thing that you want to say but maybe you wount since I pointed that fact out BUT if you do I will no longer step down and do this and I aslo hope that other Froum members do the same And keep there thoughts on this out of this thread

I still think your The S@#it Perry and you do some Deadly guitars and I respect ya for that BUT

I do not do things in my life acording to perrys Guitar building 101 rule book, at first I looked up to you

and because of that I took alot of things that you said to heart

Any way in anser to your Qustion, I only really wanted the Ebony on the Headstock as of yet yes It is in no mans land, Im not sure maybe I'll do ebony Volume and tone Knobs, It would be nice to pull the ebony in to the Body some how, I'll give it a think

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

sorry, cant be bothered reading the entire thread, the ideas change too many times...

Ive had enough of these litel pokes and twists and tiny attacks

This is in responce to your ORIGINAL pre-modified post...

Why are you so sensative? Your an adult, posting on a (majority) adult website, asking for advice and opinion from other adults. Why cant someone make a small comment about your design (so far) without you carrying on about how you are being picked on. No one is picking on you. No one. YOU are posting up here asking for approval/opinion/comment/discussion/etc... yet your upset when someone gives an opinion/question, that isnt drawn out and filled with roses to dumb it down.

If you havent got a consice, well thought out plan, you shouldnt be starting to build the guitar. That is your biggest mistake. Enthusiasm is a good thing to have, but in your case its a negative.

One of the biggest mistakes i see on here is mismatched headstocks. Black goes with anything, it can match the neck material, or the body colour, but anything else looks wierd, and not aesthetically pleasing. MOST guitar makers (eg: non pro) make the same mistake. Sure the guitar looks great, but there is something people always view with the "there is something not quite right" mentality.

You can take this post as "having a go", or advice. Think about it, or cry about it.

Up to you.

Thanks Perry :D

I do Bleave your Right about the headstock, I'll see if there is any thing I can do to pull the headstock into the Neck and body some how, any ideas you want to share there would be cool man!!

BUT about the Other things PLEASE man you've shared you thoughts and wisdom many many times with me and now its up to me to either use it or flush it but hearing the same thing over and over is geting tired and greating and makeing it harder and harder to take in what your saying with an evin eye and its makeing ME fell like Crap

So please man leave it like that and let me grow how I will

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

serpentzprotowooddl0.jpg

I got a new Mockup done, the headstock is off in color and design but this gives a good idea of what the guitar will look like

You know it is kind of funny, That scoop at the end of the fretboard on your 8 string is slightly modified from my "bat wing" scoop at the end of the fretboard for my concept of WarriorofMetal's 7 string "Dragon Rider". I took the scoop idea from CanuckBrian's 8 string. So unintentionally you modified it from what I modified it to, to what it was originally, and they are both 8 strings. Odd, funny, ironic, synonym...

And caught up in my rant..... I forgot to say anything of your mock up. It looks great, i think that scoop in the fretboard really works for the design. A good counter-point (forgive the pun) to the lower point. Hard shape to match the headstock with but the one you have on there doesn't look as out of place as I thought it would.

Hey guys what do you think about a fade to Black on this fretboard

neck-1.jpg

i wouldn't, don't cover up that beautiful wood...

Thats how I feel BUT I thought it would be cool to see what People thought of the Idea, I think its a cool idea and with something like a maple fret board :D

i feel as if fading to black on the fretboard would take away the simple class that the wood grain gives it.

Well I think that if the guitar was theamed for fadeing than it would Kill BUT since its a simple wood look I want the fade is not something I want to do at all, but like I said on a nother neck it would be cool

has any one ever seen this done? pics?

i think the mockup looks SUPER kick ass matt...something about the headstock shape does not flow in MY mind,but don't worry about that...your guitar,your style decision.

i hope like hell that the finished guitar looks as sweet as that mockup

Thanks Wes, and yes the headstock in the Full mockup does NOT look right at all

it should look more like this (with out the black on the Board)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...itar/neck-1.jpg

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

i wouldn't, don't cover up that beautiful wood...

Thats how I feel BUT I thought it would be cool to see what People thought of the Idea, I think its a cool idea and with something like a maple fret board :D

i agree, itd work well on maple, i think one of the reasons itd work well is because you generally put a finish on the maple anyways, so yeah, thatd be worth a try i think.