8-string Guitar

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that you propose that "faded" fret board, Matt, I really want to see it done! I agree, not on this guitar, but in general, I think it would be a cool idea. In what way could a guitar be "themed" for fading? The first thing that jumps to mind is lots of bursting.

Well it was not my idea! :D a freiend said I might try it and I loved it so much that I had to sare it with you guys, now If I do this to a guitar I think it would look deadly on my damien design with A quilted

maple fret board. I think it would kinda look like lava flowing down the neck B)

A new mock up with the right headstock design

serpentzprotowoodpw7.jpg

!!METAL MATT!! :D

it looks super slick...but i still think(over a year later)that you should spend less time making mockups and more time building the real thing.

get to it,matt..or by the time you finish it everyone will be tired of looking at it already... :D

+2 Matt, I haven't chipped in here because i feel exactly the same way. I think that you need to concentrate on one guitar at a time, think all your options and build the darn thing... Out of all the guitars that you have started I have but only seen a handful being finish.

You have some great ideas, but if you don't finish them, them is for nothig...

Really I suggest you stick with this last mock up, it looks great, I like the PRSish headstock, and if you can't find a top that suits with the headstock, then remove it or paint it!

(over a year later)

this build is only 3 months old :D its hard now because My shop is over 4 hours away both ways

Im waiting to get access to the shop on Bass hear on cold lake

i mean that i gave you the same advice over a year ago before i left.remember i told you you should stop making pictures and asing opinions about style choices and just go for it?

trust yourself man...

Oh ya I know what your saying man but thats was also around the time I moved, I dont have A shop any more thats less than 4 hours away and I also have A very full time Job and a woman that needs time with me, but really the only thing thats slowing me down is my shop, Im still waiting to be aproved to use the shop on the Air bass hear in cold lake once that happens than Im back on top of the game.

bUt ive never really stuck with many of my new designs, I start to see thing I could have done beter with the design and I start working on a new drawing and I get all excited and I start a new build and I forget about the last one, its a cycle I get in :D , but dont worrie Im working on breaking that this Tyrant Explorer will be built and it will be deadly

Its nice knowing that people really give A s^%$t about me :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Do you mean recommending in terms of people looking to order custom guitars?

More than likely but he has a hard time with his english, hes from Argentina

:D but Im not really takeing on any builds

MATT i can't wait to see that 8 finished!

I'm skinhead of ss.org, i recomend you a lot, 'cause i like your works.

Keep constructing alive!

Hey Frank man!!! its good to see ya over on PG

One can only assume when a skinhead is talking about SS. Ya know?

OH B) hahahahaha :D I just never thought about how that sounded untill now HAHAHAHA :D

• 1 month later...

Ok Ive got the Body glued up and I should be cuting soon!!

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Ok Ive goten the Body Cut out now it just needs rough sanding and shapeing :D

MATT-1.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...ar/MATTsumm.jpg

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

picture speak louder than posts (words)

I edited some pics in