New Design

I almost mistook that plywood for quilt maple. I agree that the horns are too heavy.

It would be sweet to model the paint job after the grain on that. It wood look kinda like blood.

Edited by custom22

I don't think it's too horn-y at all;-)

Nice shape, very creative. I don't usually like really radical one, but the shape is soft and curvy, not harsh or pointy, so it's easy on the eyes.

I'd suggest some kind of reverse headstock, because it vaguely reminds me of a Strat and the big reverse 70's headstocks just look awesome on those.

You might consider turning that right angle where the horn meets the bolt on neck extension into something a bit more cuvacious. In my experience, it's very difficult to get "hard" inside angles like that looking professional. Even a 1/8" radius would do it some good. This will be especially true when it comes to sanding, whether it be before or after the finish is applied. That's just my $.02 though.

peace,

russ

You might consider turning that right angle where the horn meets the bolt on neck extension into something a bit more cuvacious. In my experience, it's very difficult to get "hard" inside angles like that looking professional. Even a 1/8" radius would do it some good. This will be especially true when it comes to sanding, whether it be before or after the finish is applied. That's just my $.02 though.

peace,

russ

yeah, its supposed to be more curvy, but its just the general shape, not sanded or anything. it was a big bandsaw blade, so i couldnt do anything very tight.

ahem ahem!

Didnt copy my STRAT-O Design did you???

no, i didnt. sorry that it looks kinda close, but i just doodled it at school one day.

Hehe no biggie. I think you need to make the lines cleaner, and the cut out at the back isnt really well shaped. Go for it tho. I designed mine because I didnt like the standard strat shape and came up with something ergonomic, which i think is missing from your design. Just have more of a think about why things are there or not and then make adjustments as YOU see fit. its your idea after all!

peace,

russ

yeah, its supposed to be more curvy, but its just the general shape, not sanded or anything. it was a big bandsaw blade, so i couldnt do anything very tight.

Well, most people that will critique your design are going to try to make suggestions to help refine, not redesign it entirely. That said, you'd probably stand to get some more usefull criticism if you posted a picture of the final shape, rather than a rough one. Just my $.02...putting my total at $.04? :D

peace,

russ