Guitar Pickups In A Bass

I guess it would work if they used bars instead of pole pieces. The resonant peak would probably be totally different to a bass pickup maybe. Consider that the EMG35 housing is the same as used for EMG707 and EMG7-81s, and you get the idea that they need to be a bit bigger for bass perhaps.

No idea to be honest. What was you thinking of?

I guess it would work if they used bars instead of pole pieces. The resonant peak would probably be totally different to a bass pickup maybe. Consider that the EMG35 housing is the same as used for EMG707 and EMG7-81s, and you get the idea that they need to be a bit bigger for bass perhaps.

No idea to be honest. What was you thinking of?

just wondering what the tonal quality would be.would probly clean it up for lower tuneing basses but probly be to midrangey with poor bass response.was just a idea i was thinking of.the pickups would be smaller but what if you put them like split pickups lol thats would be crazy.

Prostheta is correct on the pole peice spacing. rails would be better

or bigger/more poles likes a duncan invader/carvin 22 humbucker

plus most but not all buckers are much hotter than a bass pickup

to help push an amp into overdrive. and overdrive is more desirable to guitars than to a bass

but your own ears determin what you like