Reverse Explorer

Hi everyone

bit of an odd one this...I'm thinking about doing a guitar with 101 electronical bells and wistles and am now realising how many knobs and switches I'm going to have, most guitars wouldn't have space but I was thinking a reverse explorer type design would have tones of space on the big open area. :D anyone ever seen one or want to lend a hand with a couple of concept sketches. I came up with a few but it looked really but ugly!

Robert

Couldn't you get a pic og one ans reverse it in a paint or graphics program ? That would give you some idea. Just trying to visualize it I think it would look cool

Couldn't you get a pic og one ans reverse it in a paint or graphics program ? That would give you some idea. Just trying to visualize it I think it would look cool

I might be taking a stab in the dark here, but didn't Glenn from Priest have a Hamer reverse-explorer-type guitar?

I could have sworn... *ponders*

::EDIT::

http://www.judaspriest.com/photo/newshowph...asVegas/063.jpg

AHA!! I win!

Not quite an Explorer, but it's what came to mind.

Have you thought about a V shape? Maybe a reverse Rhoads?

Edited by Xanthus

reverseexplorer.jpg

this is a gibson explorer just flipped in my grahics program. Depending on how may bells and wistles you are talking about, you mat have an isue with weight because youd have to remove a lot of material to route out the necessary electronics cavity, but it sounds interesting. How much stuff you thinking of putting in there?

B) thanks for the help guys!

I might be taking a stab in the dark here, but didn't Glenn from Priest have a Hamer reverse-explorer-type guitar?

I could have sworn... *ponders*

::EDIT::

http://www.judaspriest.com/photo/newshowph...asVegas/063.jpg

AHA!! I win!

Not quite an Explorer, but it's what came to mind.

Have you thought about a V shape? Maybe a reverse Rhoads?

:D sweet! :D I should have remembered that guitar! I've seen it in so many videos and pictures but it never crossed my mind! I have thought about V's designs...I have a V and its nice..I'm just going to need TONES of space for electronics and stuff so the reverse explorer seemed like a good idea.

:D I might have to do a mockup on a graphics program when I have the time!