Fretboard Lifting By Headstock

nyc3

OK so i bought a saga kit that was put together already on ebay. After tuning the guitar for the first time i noticed the fretboard was seperated from the wood slightly(it runs about 3 inches down the neck) near the headstock, this is noticeable on both sides of the neck. If i press down on fret 1 you can feel its not correctly glued in place .

Upon looking closer it seems the fretboard may have been lifted at one point since i seen a few screwdriver type marks in the problem area. I plan on re-finishing this guitar but have 0 knowledge on this, i only know about re-finishing.

My question is this , is this a problem that can be fixed easily? i mean real easy since i can return this guitar to the seller get my cash back and buy a brand new saga kit. I dont need extra work if not needed. Thank you in advance for you input.

dscn1982ym9.th.jpg

Edited by nyc3

The way I see it, you have two options.

The easy way is to return the guitar, you already guessed that.

The other option is to follow the tutorial section on fret board replacement Clicky Here

This would give you an opportunity to examin the truss rod as well.

Just depends on how patient you happen to be. :D

The way I see it, you have two options.

The easy way is to return the guitar, you already guessed that.

The other option is to follow the tutorial section on fret board replacement Clicky Here

This would give you an opportunity to examin the truss rod as well.

Just depends on how patient you happen to be. :D

thank you very much. :D