Jump to content

Trussrod For A Gibson Grabber G-3

Recommended Posts

im looking for a replacement trussrod for my grabber, or a trussrod with the same dimensions as a original, the measure of this neck that i have is 32" or 34", its the same as a fender p bass in original scale, so its cant be some realy strange measure.

so where can i get one, or does anyone sit on a g-3neck perhaps?

Thanks for your time and for looking!

//Robin Karlsson, Sweden

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no replacement rod you can just buy, unless Gibson will sell you the components from one of their current long scale basses. You would have to make it using Stew-Mac's "traditional truss rod kit" or using your own locally bought rod, threading die and adjusting and anchor nuts. It's a traditional compression rod. You'll have to remove the fretboard and then remove the fillet of wood that sits on top of the rod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...