Ground?

SpeckledJim

my solderin iron just isnt hot enough to heat the plate on the back of my strat and on top of that its a really awkward place to solder. Do you know of any other place i can stick that wire?

I'm not sure what you mean by the plate on the back of your strat. I grounded mine to the tremelo claw, which is what I thought was standard. I used a fifteen watt soldering iron to do it. You might want to try cleaning up a small area w/ a bit of steel wool until it's nice and shiny. That will help the solder stick.

yeah thats what i mean, the claw. i will continue trying to stick that bugger down to the claw but what im saying is cant i just stick it anywhere, on anything made of metal? or would that be very wrong?

It shouldn't metter as long as it's something that's in some way connected to the bridge and hence the strings... Still, I would say just get it attatched to the tremelo claw. I had trouble w/ this too when I did mine up. What you want to do is clean a spot on the the claw w/ steel wool (or whatever) as I said. Then you will want to tin the end of the wire w/ a little bit of solder and put a little blob of solder on the claw. Hold the tinned wire to the little blob of solder and apply the soldering iron to make the solder melt together. It just takes practice. You'll get it eventually.