Another Guitar Done

:D:DB)

I just read this post and expected to click on to the second page to see a rely from Godin saying "i'm 34, what are you on about!!" :D

seriously though that is super awesome - hold it next to the 'thing' in my 'story so far' thread, i made when i was 15/16 and there's no comparrison, not a speck. you're guitar's kick ass man B)

This guitar is my personal guitar (ie not for sale) because it's pretty crappy. If you notice the unstained edge has stain bleed and is uneven. Also there is a ding on the top of the headstock. Also the finish has many tiny air bubbles in it that you can barley see. The reason for these problems is I used an auto body shop to spray on the finish (I did all the sand/buff) and the guitar has been refinished twice. The last time the sealer (which I've never used before) let the stain bleed through. I tried to sand it away but it diddn't seem to go away (real deep? I'm unsure of the cause). The reason I don't -fix- these problems is time. I'm working on too many things that are more important right now, so this one will just stay with these cosmetic problems until I get around to making it perfect.

@Russ, The cavity cover will be mahogany yes.

WOW godin I really love how that design has come to be so nice, you do deadly work this new guitar looks sooooo sexy and clean, it makes me want to take one home :D

As they say, what you DO speaks so loud I can't hear what you're saying.

As they also say, there are the do-ers, and the talkers, the do-ers do, and the talkers, well, just talk.

Or these days, they like to draw computer generated pictures of guitars.

... and then change the specs, over, and over, and over, and over....

:D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Can you hear the audiences' applause, Godin?

I think it's time to take a bow :D

I couldn't work out whether you were stilll in teenage-hood or had a fair quota of whatever Ralph Macchio

(Karate Kid) had in his bloodstream keeping him youthful. p.s. you moisturise, right? B)

Awww..... shucks, when I was you're age I wasn't doing all that much and definitely not making my mark on the guitar making community. Although I was good at giving my Dad the S@#ts.

Great detail. :D

This guitar is my personal guitar (ie not for sale) because it's pretty crappy. If you notice the unstained edge has stain bleed and is uneven. Also there is a ding on the top of the headstock. Also the finish has many tiny air bubbles in it that you can barley see. The reason for these problems is I used an auto body shop to spray on the finish (I did all the sand/buff) and the guitar has been refinished twice. The last time the sealer (which I've never used before) let the stain bleed through. I tried to sand it away but it diddn't seem to go away (real deep? I'm unsure of the cause). The reason I don't -fix- these problems is time. I'm working on too many things that are more important right now, so this one will just stay with these cosmetic problems until I get around to making it perfect.

@Russ, The cavity cover will be mahogany yes.

Keep with it Godin.

These problems will only make you better at finishes.

I've had my fare share of sanding back to bare wood on other non-guitar projects. I share your pain, however

you've already gotten to a finer state of the art than most other 16 year olds.

:D

I agree that guitar is really awesome. The finish on both the mahogany and maple is really awesome! My only critique would be the non matching hardware (gold bridge/knobs) vs (chrome tuning pegs)....are there any plans to go all gold or all chrome?

Yeah I just threw the chome on because thats what I had on hand. They will be chrome with ebony knobs.