Removing Tone Control & Retaining Sound

biliousfrog

I'm installing the Graphtech Ghost piezo system into my new built. I have bought the quick switch assembly so that I can toggle between magnetic, mag+piezo, piezo but didn't realise that it also requires a spare pot for the piezo volume ( I thought that it was just setup on the internal preamp). I tend to keep the tone controls on max anyway so I figured that I may as well drop it completely & have magnetic volume & piezo volume.

My concern is that the pickups will become exceptionally bright (as I've heard) without any tone control. Does anyone know what resistance there is in a 500k tonepot when fully open, what cap I should fit & where best to place it?

BTW, I'm fitting 2x Lace P90's

I'm installing the Graphtech Ghost piezo system into my new built. I have bought the quick switch assembly so that I can toggle between magnetic, mag+piezo, piezo but didn't realise that it also requires a spare pot for the piezo volume ( I thought that it was just setup on the internal preamp). I tend to keep the tone controls on max anyway so I figured that I may as well drop it completely & have magnetic volume & piezo volume.

My concern is that the pickups will become exceptionally bright (as I've heard) without any tone control. Does anyone know what resistance there is in a 500k tonepot when fully open, what cap I should fit & where best to place it?

BTW, I'm fitting 2x Lace P90's

fully open its acutally 500Kohms. personally I've not experianced any problems with not having a tone pot...but if you have to have something that's going to emulate the tone pot being full open wire a 470Kohm resistor in series with a normal tone pot capacitor and wire that between the output of your volume control and ground. IMHO there will be VERY little differance in sound.