Does Anyone Know What Kind Of Paint Can Dye Latex?

themetalhankey

Huh? Latex what? paint? gloves? panties? :D

Maybe if you explained what you are up to someone can figure out what you are talking about. Paint does not "dye", it covers things. Latex paint does not belong on a guitar it belongs on the walls in your house. What do you have and what do you want to do with it?

Edited by Southpa

Huh? Latex what? paint? gloves? panties? :D

Maybe if you explained what you are up to someone can figure out what you are talking about. Paint does not "dye", it covers things. Latex paint does not belong on a guitar it belongs on the walls in your house. What do you have and what do you want to do with it?

lol well i hope i dont get flamed for this, and according to your sig there is no such thing as a stupid question so here goes nothing..

im trying to dye/paint my latex bald cap for halloween. i want to know what kind of paint i should get at the store to dye/paint it. The relative thing that is related to guitar is maybe the paint/dyes used in painting/staining a guitar maybe used for latex as well, so i just gave it a shot. :D

Aha, gonna go as Larry Fine? :D Latex is stretchy, flexible stuff so any kind of paint is right out. It depends on what color you want, I'm assuming a skin tone. A dye or ink might do the trick and won't crack when you stretch the thing over your noggin. But I've never seen a skin colored dye ...yet. I guess you could try a light colored wood stain, some of it might stick and soak in, you'll very likely end up with a sickly yellow color. Anyway, Happy Halloween! :D