Ca To Attach Bindings

radrobgray

ive read that most of you use ca to attach binding, wood and plastic types. from what i have seen you tape the binding to the fingerboard and then wick in glue where the tape isnt, correct? so i guess my main Q. is how thin does my ca need to be?

the kind i have is thicker than water, maybe more like milk or half and half. if its too thick could i thin it down with acetone? or is that a bad idea

ive read that most of you use ca to attach binding, wood and plastic types. from what i have seen you tape the binding to the fingerboard and then wick in glue where the tape isnt, correct? so i guess my main Q. is how thin does my ca need to be?

the kind i have is thicker than water, maybe more like milk or half and half. if its too thick could i thin it down with acetone? or is that a bad idea

Are you attaching wood or plastic binding? I use Titebond for wood to wood. I use CA if it is plastic to wood. Either way I place glue on the binding then attach. I do not wick the glue in.

Peace,Rich