Mammoth Ivory Supplier Needed

cSuttle

sorry to get all moralistic but I feel strongly about this...

If you encourage demand for ivory you'll encourage people to supply it. That supplier might think that he's doing a good thing but as long as people like him are creating interest in ivory the ivory poachers will see a market that they can sell to. Even if they have trouble selling it directly, it will not stop them from "collecting" the goods just in case. Very few people will tell the difference between ivory, ivoroid & white/cream plastic from several inches away...or even care, so why go for the real thing?

Very few people will tell the difference between ivory, ivoroid & white/cream plastic from several inches away...or even care, so why go for the real thing?

Because we can.

Thanks for the rant, but the original poster was requesting MAMMOTH IVORY, not elephant... so kinda pointless.

i believe that post was aimed at the link in the Second post where a link was posted to an ELEPHANT ivory dealer.

but of estates and meuseums (if that can be wholely policed) if animals have already been slaughtered and de-tusked then hey. but tusk's not my thing. it's just white to me - might as well be wall filler.

but i can see where the whole "this will create a demand" argument comes from.

Edited by NJD

sorry to get all moralistic but I feel strongly about this...

If you encourage demand for ivory you'll encourage people to supply it. That supplier might think that he's doing a good thing but as long as people like him are creating interest in ivory the ivory poachers will see a market that they can sell to. Even if they have trouble selling it directly, it will not stop them from "collecting" the goods just in case. Very few people will tell the difference between ivory, ivoroid & white/cream plastic from several inches away...or even care, so why go for the real thing?

Pretty sure the request was for mammoth ivory. As far as I know, all the mammoths are already dead. :D

http://www.canadafossils.com/mammoth_ivory.html

http://www.mammothivory.info/

http://www.precious-mammoth.com/ <--best site ive seen in the 2 mins of research im doing..

out of curiousity, why are you thinking of using it? it seams SUPER expensive.

I never figured we would use stuff like that for art or pool cues.. but whatevea.

and as far as elephants go, I agree that a alternitive is a better solution.

Thanks for the info gang. I only use Mammoth Ivory for the reasons stated above. Plus, I like the color better, more tan in color than yellow.

I agree that elephant ivory that "pre-ban" is a slippery slope that leads to corruption and fraud. A game I'm not willing to be a part of. Mammoth Ivory is more like a recycling process. The tusks are already scrap rotting in the ground, why not use it.

I must admit to not even knowing about mammoth ivory, after seeing the link to elephant ivory I just figured that it was just a slang term for the same thing...sorry!

....something new every day....

No problem dude :D You feel passionate about something and want to speak out on it. That's a good thing. And, I agree with you whole heartedly.